#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Virginia weekend

It’s always nice to get away. I was hoping for warm sun in Virginia when I visited my sister over the weekend, but unfortunately I brought the Bradford weather—gray skies and chilly temperatures—with me. That didn’t damper my spirits in the least. We had a wonderful weekend.

virginia vacation 5.11 033
On Thursday when I arrived the sun was out. I took a few pictures of Linda’s beautiful new deck. She designed it herself and it was nice that she could use a gate that her late husband had found in her design.
virginia vacation 5.11 035
This is a view looking out the other direction.
virginia vacation 5.11 037
She hasn’t completed her summer decorating yet, but recently had a new patio door installed.
virginia vacation 5.11 034
Here she is watering her new herbs that I gave her. virginia vacation 5.11 038
As you enter her house there is a baker’s rack decorated with spring things to greet you.
virginia vacation 5.11 039
Linda made steak kabobs for dinner that first night. virginia vacation 5.11 041
She put them in the oven and we had a strange thing happen. The oven locked us out. We couldn’t open the door at all. We read the directions, but there was no way that we could open it. Our food was trapped inside. We shut off the oven, but the door still wouldn’t open. Finally we touched a few buttons and got it opened finally. Linda is having someone come out to fix it soon. She has had a lot of trouble with this oven.
virginia vacation 5.11 042
Downtown Fredericksburg is a great shopping town. There are a lot of little gift shops.
virginia vacation 5.11 043
And restaurants and pubs.
virginia vacation 5.11 044
virginia vacation 5.11 045
In this store..Legacy..I bought a dove birdcage.
virginia vacation 5.11 046

virginia vacation 5.11 047

virginia vacation 5.11 048
Inside one of the stores. Now don’t you know why I love it so much?
virginia vacation 5.11 049 
Having cute store windows is a source of pride. This fairy was in the front of a hair salon.
virginia vacation 5.11 052
virginia vacation 5.11 053 Another fun thing we did is go to a used jewelry extravaganza. There were pins, bracelets, necklaces, rings, scarves, and purses. We went early to the mimosa brunch so we could have first dibs. virginia vacation 5.11 056
There was a breakfast casserole, scones, fruit compotes, ham biscuits, and orange juice. There were also door prizes. I won the purse holder in the box. Linda won a worry doll. virginia vacation 5.11 057
I forgot to take my camera when we went to the Art Festival in the park. There was also a Farmer’s market.

I had a wonderful weekend in Virginia.





1 comment :

  1. Anonymous6:24 PM

    Awesome!! You sure did have a wonderful time:) So sorry the weather was not completely cooperating for you:(

    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.