#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day

I hope all you mothers out there are having a beautiful day. On this day you always think about your mother. It doesn’t matter how old you get, inside you are always your mother’s child. I was lucky to have the most wonderful mother in the world. She had a great imagination and I remember as a child how she played on floor with me and my toys. She was a stay at home mom and our family was like the Sally, Dick, and Jane family. (For those of you who don’t know the reference that was a series of readers used in first grade to teach a child how to read). Our life was simple in the fifties full of happiness. We grew up in a loving environment where mom provided wonderful meals and good times. I remember that my mom had the best adult parties. We were always so happy to have the adults get together because we children were all free to have a great time together playing. Back then adults let children make their own fun and didn’t fuss at us or keep checking up on us. They knew if we needed them we would come. We never wanted to stay indoors even in the winter. We would go outside as soon as our homework was done and not come in until our mom stood at the back door and hollered for us to come for dinner. As I grew up my mom led by example of how a person should act and gave us the values of honesty and integrity. I lost my mother when she was 80 in 2000. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about her and what she meant to me. Mom, I love you.
image

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Peggy, that is so beautiful:) Your Mom has tears running down her face. But, she is happy:)

    Love you
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.