#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, November 27, 2016

That’s the only rule

 

"If you love something, it will work. That's the only real rule." ~Bunny Williams

 

 

Have you ever bought something that you absolutely loved but you didn’t know where you would put it when you got home?You only knew that it sung to your heart and it made you happy.


What would a little trip to the big city (in this case Knoxville) be without buying something special?
There are special shops that I like to visit when I am there and I call it “seeing pretty things”. One is the Repeat Etc. This shop (right beside the Repeat Boutique) deals in decorative objects…my kind of store. They have pictures (I bought one before that had rabbits), glassware, kitchen items, pillows, silver and many other designer objects. But when I saw this my heart went pit a pat!

 

 

IMG_2355

 

I imagine that this is a silver vase. It’s hammered sides and two handles were so well designed. It is very heavy. I am using it on my ottomans with an arrangement in it. (I see I need to add some moss to the bottom to hid the dish that the arrangement was already in.) I know I will get so much use out of this one item. I love it and it fits in the sunroom with all my other silver and mercury glass things.

IMG_2352
I also bought a new bed ensemble and new thermal drapes for winter. My older pillows matched completely and the colors are perfect for the room. Pretend you don’t see that crooked lampshade.
  I am very tired from our twelve hour trip home yesterday so there are many more things I need to do but that’s enough for today.

My little darling grandbaby is having her tonsils out tomorrow. She has suffered continuously with colds and her tonsils are very enlarged.

IMG_2334

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous10:18 PM

    love your silver vase! it's very unusual. in shape as well as the hammered design of it.

    sara will be so much healthier and happier having that surgery.
    I had my tonsils out when i was only three years old.
    and since then i've never been plagued by constant colds and sore throats and ear problems. it was a good thing to do.

    they went through a long period where they didn't do that surgery anymore for children with constant problems.
    but when they're always suffering with tonsillitis... that's not good either! she'll feel so much better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.