#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Are you ready for Christmas?

Are you ready for Christmas? Are all your presents bought and wrapped? And all your cookies made? Nah, me neither. But that’s ok. KISS (Keep it simple, Santa). This morning when having coffee at the local bakery and viewing the large cookie tray on display I actually said, “This year I should just buy my cookies”.
   Now I have NEVER bought Christmas cookies in my life. Each year I’ve enjoyed getting out the old tried and true recipes and baking up a storm the week before Christmas. Last year I even did all  my baking in just one day. (Super energy then). But the last few years I have found that a lot of the cookies don’t get eaten. I put trays out for family and give away some to friends, but still with all the holiday parties and treats the cookies still remain into the new year. And you know what that means. New year, new resolutions of losing weight and no one wants those fattening cookies hanging around. One year I froze them only to find them in the back of freezer in July.
   But don’t worry. I can’t resist the little Betty Crocker/Martha Stewart in me and will be putting on my apron and flouring up the rolling pin. With a little flour on my nose I’ll carry on the tradition of cookies making here at 25 Chatham Lane.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.