#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, December 03, 2012

Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden

Dragon tunnel of lights by Trevor Wrayton

Hello again. I’m back from my wonderful visit with my sister in Fredericksburg, Virginia. In the next few posts I’ll tell you all about the fun we had.
   On Friday we went to Richmond. In the evening we went to the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden to see the lights.
It was so beautiful all lit up. The theme was East meets West and in the conservatory there was a 30 feet tall tree with oriental ornaments as well as displays.
virginia trip 12.1.12 069

virginia trip 12.1.12 071 
virginia trip 12.1.12 077 
 
 

virginia trip 12.1.12 060

In the library there was a display of doll houses. Not only were there doll houses but also greenhouses, flower shops, old general stores all with miniature furniture in darling displays.

virginia trip 12.1.12 086

virginia trip 12.1.12 089
virginia trip 12.1.12 092
We had our dinner in the Japanese Tea Room. We only had soup and zucchini cakes so had room for the peppermint brownie ice cream sundae.
virginia trip 12.1.12 058
virginia trip 12.1.12 056
virginia trip 12.1.12 050

Linda had read about the Bizarre Bazaar for a few years and we decided to take the trip to Richmond to go to this large craft show. (450 vendors). It was fantastic with home made food items, clothing, jewelry as well as craft items. I found a tee pee for the little ones in Tennessee. And I bought a mercury glass garland for my French tree. We had a wonderful day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.