#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Reflections of my year

This morning I found these prompts which encouraged me to reflect upon 2012. If you wish I would love to hear your reflections in the comment section below. More prompts will follow.

xmas greeting

December 01 | One Word

Encapsulate the year 2012 in one word. Explain why you're choosing that word. Now, imagine it's one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2013 for you?

Peaceful. This last year I tried to rise above all the fray and not let what is happening in other people’s lives affect me so much. I allowed people to “row their own boat” and avoided giving unwanted advice. Next year’s word for me is “energize”. I would like to gain more energy by lightening up my weight and my spirit.

December 02 | Limits

We often learn our limits the hard way. Were there any limits you realized this past year? Alternately, what self-imposed limits were you able to move beyond this year?

I find as I’m growing older that I limit myself in doing things that I once did without thinking. I’m not as self assured as when I was younger. I was president of my Women’s Literary Club and it showed me that I could push past my limits of feeling like I am not leadership material. I also took some online photography courses which pushed my ability limits.

December 03 | Remember

What is one thing you did this year you think you'll remember for the rest of your life?
We took our first family vacation together since the boys were married. We went to Orlando in April and went to the ocean, visited Disney and enjoyed all the fun activities together.

December 04 | Fear

When were you most scared? Why? How did you respond? How do you wish you would have responded?

I had a car accident which really frightened me. My car slipped on wet pavement covered with leaves and went out of control traveling from one side of the road to the other and finally landing on its side. I was not hurt but now realize that there is no where I have to go that needs to be in that much of a rush.

December 05 | Worthy

Who have you taken for granted? Write to them a handwritten letter expressing how you truly feel about them.

I don’t mean to, but I take my husband for granted. He is so capable and does so much for me. I always thank him, but I do count on him being there for me always.

December 06 | Change

If you could change one thing that happened this year, what would it be? Why?

I would learn to keep some things about my life private from those who can’t keep secrets.

1 comment :

  1. Rebecca10:44 PM

    I think I pushed beyond some of my self imposed limits. I was able to disregard some other people's expectations and live my life according to my expectations. I got more accomplished, bravely tackled projects successfully that a before would have defeated me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.