#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, October 05, 2013

Do you love books?

FOR SOME OF US, BOOKS ARE AS IMPORTANT AS ALMOST ANYTHING ELSE ON EARTH. WHAT A MIRACLE IT IS THAT OUT OF THESE SMALL, FLAT, RIGID SQUARES OF PAPER UNFOLDS WORLD AFTER WORLD AFTER WORLD, WORLDS THAT SING TO YOU, COMFORT AND QUIET OR EXCITE YOU.

ANN LAMOTT


What are you reading today?  I just finished Patterson's Second Honeymoon. What I love about his writing is that it's a quick read, entertaining and doesn't take a lot of effort. Great for when you are trying to fit in time for reading. Since my eye surgery I don't do as much reading but still bring a lot of books home from the library and cull through them trying to find another outstanding one,,like The Help or Tuesdays with Morrie. Any recommendations?



2 comments :

  1. Love the Lamott quote! I believe that to the hilt!

    I read such odd books, mostly old books, that I feel definitely out of the mainstream. And when I find an author I like I simply have to collect all their books.

    Have you ever read Pat Conroy's books? I never had until I bought his cookbook and fell in love with his essays in the book as well as is recipes. That led me to read all of his but two, which I have put off until the last as they seemed like "guy" books. But I just bought his My Loosing Season about his senior year at The Citadel when he was point guard for the basketball team. It's fascinating, especially after having sons who loved basketball and I sat through years of high school games to watch them play. I'll pass this one on to Zack when I'm finished.

    Not necessarily recommending it to you Peggy, but have you ever read his Prince of Tides or Beach Music, to start with? Or his cookbook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca9:35 PM

    Dorothea Benton Frank, The last Original Wife

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.