#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, May 13, 2019

Happy Mother’s Day


Me and my mom on top of Stone Mountain in Georgia. I was born in Elberton, Georgia and my mother was such a southern lady. We were raised right with manners and values and family meant everything to her. She had a family of 12 brothers and sisters and even picked cotton when she was a kid. When she married a Yankee he promised her that he would take her back to see her family every year and he always kept that promise. We would travel down South every July for two weeks and enjoy visiting all the family members. It was a wonderful childhood and I appreciate it all the time. Happy Mother’s Day mom. 

I celebrated Mother’s Day at Chris’ house where he cooked us a wonderful lunch. Wendy was there as well as her mother and aunt and we had such a great time. We will be happy to have Wendy in our family as she and Chris became engaged a few weeks ago. 







1 comment :

  1. That's a great shot of you and your mother on top of Stone Mountain in Georgia. These memories become so treasured when we no longer have our moms. As I recall, Don has been keeping the same promise for you. Terry promised me a beach a year, and so far, so good. I'm glad that you had a nice Mother's Day. How lovely that Wendy and Chris are engaged.

    One of my good blogging friends frequently climbs Stone Mountain.. Her name is Kay and she blogs as "Georgia Girl with an English Heart." A couple of years ago I realized that my very first lab in Geology 100 was drawing a cross section of Stone Mountain, It is a classic monadnock. Kay and I had a good laugh over that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.