#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, May 16, 2019

The anthill



I’ve always said that Bradford in the Spring is like the ants coming out of the anthill. All around the first nice day you see people mowing their lawns, fixing their houses, doing chores that had to be neglected all winter and preparing for the summer season to come. And we were the ants today. Don and I worked all afternoon outdoors. First we power washed the breezeway. We had painted the cement brown a few years ago and the paint was beginning to come up in spots. I thought that just hitting it with the power washer would do the trick but after spending almost an hour and just removing paint from one section I realized that we’d better try something else.  So I went to the hardware store for paint remover. We finished cleaning off the breezeway and tomorrow we will spend with the remover. While we had the power washer out we cleaned off the stamped concrete courtyard. It’s amazing how much grime you can get off. We are still not done but reached our limit and came in. More to come tomorrow. 

1 comment :

  1. Oh my, you and Don have my sympathy, Peggy! What a lot of work! But it will look great when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.