#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, September 02, 2019

A little transition decorating


It all started with a pick...you know...a small gathering of flowers and berries and leaves on a stem. On Saturday Don and I went to Buffalo and one of our stops was ACMoore Crafts where I purchased the pumpkin picks seen above on the lantern. I fully intended not to start fall decorating yet but wanted to try them out on the lantern which led to creating a vignette on the end of the fireplace. 


I put down a runner from a long time ago, added some more picks in the French style basket along with the pears and in the back I placed a painting that I had done a while ago that suited the mood. 


  And down the rabbit hole I went. I started thinking about fall decorating seriously. But it was too early to pull out the bins of orange pumpkins. I wanted a more transitional style for right now. And there is nothing more transitional than dried hydrangeas.

I cut a whole bagful and filled my blue and white pottery on the mantle.


I needed something above them so I purchased an arch from Big Lots. 


I also put in some crooked stems trimmed from my Contorta (Harry Lauder’s Walking Stick) which added a wild and natural element.

Gone are all the pink peonies and summer reminders. Fall is here in my mind.













1 comment :

  1. Never ending of clever ideas of making a beautiful pieces that your mind puts together♥️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.