#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, September 16, 2019

Know a good book?

Have you been reading lately? And can you recommend some good books. Lately I'm finding that the books I pick out are not holding my interest and I can't get by the first twenty pages or so without thinking they sound just like some others I have read. I have been very busy lately and haven't had a lot of time to read so I am more fussy than ever when I pick up a book. Have you read the Goldfinch? I see the movie is out now but I would like to read the book before I see the movie. I've been reading a lot of British authors as of late. I like a good twist ending...any ideas? 
 

3 comments :

  1. It is so hot here that staying inside with the AC full blast and reading sounds perfect to me. I bought a stack of paperbacks at a 60% off closing sale at a favorite local used bookstore but none of them are current page turners. I picked out old books of favorite writers, one a Joanna Trollope I read and enjoyed and now I'm working my way down through some Alexander McCall Smiths. Do you read the Louise Penney mysteries set in Quebec? I love them. I've been wanting to read some of the books by British authors from shows I've seen on Netflix like Shetland, although they took that show off recently. When we were at the bookstore I asked about culinary mystery authors but the popular authors had already been sold out. I do love food combined with mystery. I just can't handle the really bloody gory mysteries anymore, more of a cozy mystery reader now. I hope you find something that enthralls you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dewena, I must try the Louise Penney books. One of her books was the One Book Bradford selection a few years ago but I didn't get to read it. Do you read Diane Mott Davidson? She has a caterer character who gets involved in solving mysteries. I read a lot of hers at one time. I've never read Alexander McCall Smith so I'll have to try those.

      Delete
    2. I recently read Louise Penny's "Kingdom of the Blind." It was great. I just finished Paulo Coelho's "Hippie" ~ Wonderful. Through it I revisited my 22-23 year old self. Happy reading, whatever you choose!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.