#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 01, 2019

Because when you stop and look around life is pretty amazing.  Dr. Suess 

It was just a sunflower but it stopped me in my tracks. I was leaving The LIghthouse, a local restaurant where I have coffee (well, tea) with my friends every Wednesday morning when it caught my eye. We meet there every week and I have passed by the small planting area next to the wall each time this summer without really noticing that the sunflowers were getting taller and taller. How I took them for granted. But that day I stopped and looked and noticed. 


There was a small bee on one of the flowers. Maybe I am more aware of bees since the current book I am reading is Queen Bee by Dorothea Benton Frank which is giving me a lot of information about bees as well as entertaining me. But I stopped and noticed. And it occurred to me how I need to slow down and appreciate that small flower and that small bee. 


Today is the first day of September which means that soon the frost will destroy all the colorful flowers that we have been enjoying all summer long and the grayness of winter will set in. I need to really look....to really look...and take all the loveliness in and store those memories for a later time. 

Bees do have a smell, you know, and if they don't they should, for their feet are dusted with spices from a million flowers.” 
― Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine







2 comments :

  1. Oh, I love this! Not only your astounding photography and editing but the thoughts you expressed. I have tried to practice your slowing down and noticing little miracles all summer. Summer was always my least favorite season but this year I was determined not to treat it like it was. A little poem I printed off a blog about the seasons helped remind me every day when I looked at it on my kitchen cupboard, and I'm pretty sure I got it from your blog! So thank you!

    Dandelion Wine is one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is bountiful beauty all around us, I marvel each time I see such simple things that catches my eye...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.