#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Hello Summer




Isn’t this crab apple tree absolutely beautiful? It is in the backyard of my friend Lynda who invited the coffee girls to her house for a picnic. 


We sat (social distancing ourselves of course) and chatted and then enjoyed great food on her lovely patio. It was only the second time that the girls have seen each other so we had a lot of catching up to do. 


Finally we have our warm weather and Look! My peonies are going to bloom soon. We are way behind this year (remember the snow we had in May?) 


The world is getting green and I am enjoying watching all the plants begin to grow. 


I caught this hummingbird in flight as I was taking a picture of the chives. 


In one corner of the flower bed the lupine are blooming. In this picture you can see some bachelor buttons on the right side and forget me nots on the left. Behind the lupine I think are foxglove but I’m not sure. 


Here is a better picture. I’m sure my garden friends will let me know what it is. I planted it last summer and it didn’t flower but the leaves grew and grew. They did not die down even though the winter snow covered them. I just removed some dead leaves from the bottom this spring and they continued to grow. I have noticed that I gravitate toward blue flowers. 


The thyme I transplanted last year is doing well by the pond. 


This year looks like a good year for the climatis which grow over the gate. I added a white one to the right side where the blue one looked like it wasn’t doing as well last year. 


And the final picture is the Japanese maple which is growing slowly behind the gate. I love its color. In front of it is yarrow. 

Today I purchased the last of my annuals and will be making my three window boxes tomorrow. I have a few herbs to plant in the portager and I got another lavender for that space too. 

How are your flowers growing?























No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.