#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Slowing down

How are you doing my friends? Is it just me or has life slowed down to a turtle’s pace? These days seem like they creep by. Isolation has had a toll on all of us as we have given up our “normal” routines and stayed in our homes. 
  I did get out yesterday for a doctor’s appointment in Erie, which is one and a half hours away. I was seeing an endocrinologist for a thyroid check to see why I am so cold all the time and in the summer can’t regulate my body temperature so I get way too hot. I have been on thyroid medication forever. With a change in dose and a new med maybe I can get some relief. 
   While I was there I went into two stores. Western Pennsylvania opened up under yellow conditions last Friday. Donning my mask I visited Hobby Lobby and Boscov’s. It seemed almost normal to go into a store. Who would have thought that something I did all the time would now seem strange to me? 
   Meanwhile at home I am spending a lot of time binge watching shows. My new obsession is a show on Prime called Cold Feet. It is a British comedy about friends and the perfect way to lose myself for hours. And last night we watched the finale of Survivor.
   Since the libraries aren’t open I’ve also read some books on my ipad. I just finished a Lisa Scottolini Book and am into something new today. I’ve also been spending a lot of time playing the piano and the practice has improved my skill. I purchased some new piano books last summer with great arrangements of standard classics. 
  I apologize for this slowdown of blogging. I am trying to do other things to keep me busy. I’m currently making last year’s blog into a book. I have been doing this for several years. My fear is that one day Blogger will go out of business and my whole blog since 2006 will be lost. So I’ve transferred most years into a printed form. 
   How are you managing friends? Have you experienced anxiety? I find that I can’t get to sleep at night. And all I want to do is eat. How about you?




     

1 comment :

  1. I go to sleep but the last few nights am awake several hours in the middle of the night, not from normal insomnia where my thoughts are about everything I need or want to do the next day but crazy fearful lonely hours. I went to our eye doctor last week and almost hyperventilated wearing a mask into the office for the first time. I should have practiced at home first. And then seeing a family in the waiting room not wearing masks infuriated me. And I'm a mild mannered person so I can easily see how tempers have flared about the subject.

    I discovered a couple of weeks ago that I could say "Youtube old movies" and hundreds of old black and white movies are available. So many good British ones. Right now I'm working my way through Rosemary & Thyme, the gardening sleuths.

    Eating? I don't even want to talk about that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.