#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, May 16, 2020

The ants come out of the anthill

In Spring I always say people come out of their homes like ants coming out of an anthill. They scurry around outside and the first part of the Spring is always spent doing outdoor chores for our warm outdoor season is very short. There are many chores to be done to get ready for summer. 
   Yesterday Don and I spend some hours outside after and before the rain pounding down working. The first thing we did is open the garage door and use the power washer to clean off all the debris from the winter. We also power washed the breezeway. I put out a few plants I bought and hosed off the courtyard. We still have lights to put out, the pond to clean and to get the table out. The weather should be nice this next week so we should be able to do some of the things we want. It is difficult now as we are older to do heavy lifting and things that we once did effortlessly. Our boys are not nearby but we have someone who helps us. 

Linda gave me that cute flag and it looks darling in that planter. 


The climbing hydrangea is leafing out and the peonies underneath are getting taller. 


I planted some bulbs in the picket fence area and hope that I will see color there in the summer. It is one of my favorite garden areas. Today I will put the lights around the pond and on the breezeway. I can’t wait to sit out on my swing and enjoy the weather. 






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.