#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, May 23, 2020

The rain is bringing out the leaves



It’s raining here again today. These showers are really making things grow fast. The hills are greening up and the grass is such a bright green. It is so welcoming after the gray hills of winter. Every chance I get I go outside and try to spend some time in the sun. I am not a sun worshiper (2 rounds of skin cancer on my head has taught me better) but I like to feel it a little on my face. Yesterday I made a trip out to a nearby town to buy some flowers and some solar fairy lights. Little by little I am getting my outdoor area ready for enjoying those lovely summer nights. 
    Today I am going on a picnic at my coffee friend’s house. It will be so nice to see all the girls again and chat even though the rain will force us indoors. This is a strange Memorial Day weekend. Usually I would spend it with my family but I haven’t seen them in person since the virus started. They are afraid to come here fearing that they may be carrying the virus asymptomatically. I am grateful for Zoom and FaceTime as well as texting. we can keep in touch. 
      This weekend I think I’ll curl up with a book. I picked up two summer reads yesterday.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.