#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Have you ever..or the saga of the burned popcorn

Am I getting more absentminded in my older age or is this more of a common occurrence than I think?  Yesterday I decided to have a healthier snack than ice cream so decided to pop a snack bag of 100 calorie buttered popcorn. I read the directions thinking...three minutes?  That seems like a long time for a small bag of popcorn. But I always stay right by the microwave anyway because I never let the popcorn pop all the way. 
    But right then the phone rang. It was Ryan calling long distance. My mind immediately forgot about the popcorn as I went outside to sit on the porch swing and talk. Hmmm..what is that smell?  Uh oh?, I went in and Don had taken the burst bag out of the microwave and enclosed it in a grocery bag. There was a little waft of smoke in the air and an odor of burned butter and popcorn that was very unpleasant. 
    Turning on the fan I opened the microwave only to discover that the inside was coated with a brown and yellow residue which was very difficult to remove. Scrubbing finally removed the layer of blown up butter, but. Now the whole microwave was stained yellow plastic.  I tried comet thinking that it always works for stains.  They didn't even almost come off. 
    So,what would you do?   I googled it.  Haven't you been finding that you are relying on the computer for,your knowledge lately?  And not surprising this seems to be common with other people as there were plenty of solutions on the web. So I tried the most implausible one....nail polish remover. And it worked pretty good. 
   Now how do I get rid of the remover smell...guess ill have to google it.


This isn't my microwave and I don't think my catastrophe was this bad.   But you get the idea. 

1 comment :

  1. Whhhooooo Wheeeeeee, that's terrible!! Good thing you found a way to get rid of the stain in the microwave and now....the smell, they stick around for quite a while :(

    Need something that will absorb odor, that loves to absorb stuff...

    Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.