#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Thinking about the beach today

It's been a while since I've spent some time at the beach. Last summer when we went to Orlando we spent part of an afternoon near the ocean. Sara was afraid of the water and we didn't bring bathing suits.  But it was so pleasant just being near that rolling water. We live on the eastern part of the US so it is not really all that far to go to the beach but we have really never been beach people. Once when the kids were teenagers we rented a house in Wildwood, NJ for a week. There is something calming about the constant incoming and outgoing waves. Maybe it's just because it is summer but my feet want to wade in the ocean. 

2 comments :

  1. I feel the same way about the beach. I seem to love it more each year. We just started going to South Carolina the last couple of years with our son and his family. My husband grew up in south Florida, but isn't a big fan of going to the beach, but is happy to be there with the family. I'm ready to go wading, too. Let's go!
    xo Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a mountain lover instead of beach lover but I loved it as a child when we went to Myrtle Beach each summer. And we once rented a house on Cape San Blas where some of the kids joined us with their spouses. It was lovely because there was a lovely gazebo at beach edge where I could relax and read and enjoy the ocean breezes as the family sunned. That's my kind of beach dream now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.