#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Am I rushing things?

The green of the hills is beginning to fade as the true colors of the leaves show themselves.  When I taught third grade they were always amazed at the fact that we only get to see their true colors in the fall when they stop making chlorophyll.
    Fall is a beautiful time here in Pennsylvania.  We have warm days, but cool crisp nights which makes good sleeping weather. Tonight is going to have our first freeze I fear and the summer plants that I have been trying to save will be done for. Tomorrow I will empty all the rest of the containers and put them away for now.
   This was a good organizing day. I cleaned out the linen closet and then went through all my makeup and organized it. How do I accumulate so much? My new rule is “don’t buy it unless you need it”. I love lipsticks and eye shadows and now have enough to makeup a whole runway show for fashion week.
    I stopped by my eye doctor’s office today since I’ve been noticing that my glasses are not giving me the clear vision that I need. I had cataract surgery in that eye and I have an appointment next week to see if I have developed the “after cataract”.  That would account for the blurriness and cloudiness in my vision.  If so, I’ll have a laser treatment and that should improve it. I only have this one good eye and I need to take very good care of it. (I do have another eye…LOL>>> It just isn’t good for reading or seeing well. ) 
     Don is back from taking Sadie for a walk up at the Marilla Reservior.  Yesterday I walked her all around the lake.  She loved it. And it was good for me too.
    I hope that you are enjoying these lovely days and making the most of the good weather. 

time stands still 2

september quote

fall decorations 009

5 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, reading the paper, I read of a man-hunt in your state.... Have no idea where you are located. Seems you can't be there, though. Or you'd not be taking walks, so casually...

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try again, for a first comment....
    ..............

    Rushing things? Can't be, with frost coming.

    Rushing thing? On your blog. Repeat above. :-)

    Rushing thing? With culling unnecessary "stuff"? Never!!!! We could cull unnecessary "stuff" 365 days a year, and there would still be some, left over.... ,-)

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh .... how i love the words on this post!
    autumn is my favorite of all. and it's slow to come where i live. yesterday was 90 degrees and so humid it was like living in a sauna.
    today it's cloudy (blessedly so!) and we're awaiting (HOPEFULLY!) rain. from the hurricane that's wearing itself out moving across land now.
    but autumn is in my heart already. bring on the crispy fresh days! and ps... love the family shots in the latest post! you're a lucky gal.
    well. except for your eyes. bless you with good news there... and your throat too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I'm spending my morning coffee time catching up on some of your posts that I missed. September is my favorite month. Loved this post ~ not the cataract part though. You have my sympathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.