#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, September 11, 2014

September

I finally have had time to think about fall decorating. But I'm just not ready to get out the pumpkins yet. So I challenged myself to remove the summer decor in my sunroom and replace it with fall but only use things I had on hand downstairs. That meant that I could not...nor did I feel like...climbing up into the attic to get down the bins and bins of Autumn decorations.

What started it all was this tray..a birthday present from my sister Linda. Have you ever gotten one item and had to change to work it into your decor? I decided to go with the pear theme. First I added greenery to the top of the baker's rack and wired in those cute flower lights I got at a yard sale this summer.


I had some faux pears and added them to the chicken wire basket full of artichokes. I had the cylinder with the pear in it already. Two fleur de lis iron candleholders with little pears on top completed the vignette.

I changed out the black shelf....


And created a centerpiece for the table. ...

Better pictures will follow when I dupes my real camera instead of the ipad...sorry. Now tomorrow I will put all those summer decorations up in the attic. I love this little touch of fall.

 

2 comments :

  1. Glad you made a start, at putting summer decorations away, and bringing in autumn ones. :-) All I've done, is put up an autumn wreath on the front door.

    But!!!! I don't keep decorations, in the attic, or the cellar. Well I couldn't do either, for various reasons. I keep them in a closet, in one of the now empty bedrooms upstairs. Easy to carry up and down.

    And!!! I culled decorations!!!! Big time!!!! Got rid of those items kept, for no good reason. So now, my stash is not huge. Less of a job, to find things.

    Oh yes!!!! Aren't I wonderful???? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe. I'm hopeless at decorating. But it's definitely fun to watch what you create. That birthday tray is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.