#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Look who visited this morning

Seeing deer in our yard is not unusual but every time it fills me with awe. My ever vigilant Sadie who sits on the back of the couch watching every move made by any squirrels or chipmunks began barking this morning at something out the window

She has much better eyes than I do so it took a moment for me to spot the two deer.

The mother already had the dark brown coat that will protect her for the winter but the younger deer was still red.

 

They must have been spooked by Sadie's bark and they ran around the house and into the front yard. When mama spotted Sadie at the front window she turned and went the other way.

Our property backs up onto a large wooded hill. For two summers now there have been logging trucks that have raped our beautiful woods of its trees. From the google earth view the who hillside is bare. I wonder how this is affecting the wildlife. I know it is affecting the rain water coming off the hillside for some homes.

 

1 comment :

  1. -sigh- Of course it has to be effecting the wildlife.

    And I suppose there is nothing to be done, to stop it. If the %^**&^%$$ company, which did this, bought the land... It is theirs.

    But such a sad happening. It makes me mad, if I think about it. And since getting mad is not good for me, I must stop.

    Hugssssssss....

    Tessa~
    "Here there be musing" blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.