#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 28, 2014

The art gallery

I have three best friends and we have been celebrating each toher's birthdays for years now. This year I wanted to do something different for my birthday so we went to Buffalo to the art gallery.

The Albright Knox gallery is a museum of modern art which although it isn't my favorite style had many interesting exhibits.

For instance this huge sculpture that was out front. It is made of canoes.


As you can see the gallery was massive and some of the canvases were as huge as a large wall.

This one of Queen Anne's Lace was my favorite.

We had lunch at their cafe where the food was delicious. I had red pepper soup with feta and spinach and a half of a turkey, bacon and cheese sandwich.

 

Of course I had to take a selfie with Linda.

 

Here is yrsa at the wallpaper exhibit.

We all enjoyed walking the spacious halls and viewing the large canvases. We were sorry that the sculpture garden was closed for renovations.

What a fun day!

 

3 comments :

  1. A fun day with fun people!

    Unique and interesting destination.

    Oh I'd love those flowers best, tooooo.

    And even the food presentation has a modern look, to it. Cooool!

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa~
    "Here there be musing" blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool day and cute pictures of you and your friends!
    and YUM. like the square bowl for the soup too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh....it was a great day for us 3 Redheads :). What a fabulous idea and time spending at this art gallery!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.