#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Getting things done

 

The snow is over, the roads are clear, and I think I'm finally back to normal. All week I've had a sore throat with a few sniffles. It was probably just a result of running around in Virginia.

And the living room is back to normal too. The curtains are all back in place. We needed a new bracket but you must realize that we live in a small town with not too many resources. After checking Walmart, two hardware stores, and the Internet Don decided to take a ride to the nearest town to check out JC Penney's. There is a small drapery department there but he didn't have any luck. Not wanting to wait for an online order to come in he fixed it himself. Over the years he has been Mr. fixit around the house doing all the plumbing, electrical work, digging, landscaping, ...there is no end to his talents.

I finished wrapping some presents. And of course I thought I was smart by buying some jewelery early and now I can't find it. Does that ever happen to you? One year I bought some chimes in the summer and never found them in the hall closet until the next spring.


A little video of our Thursday evening snowstorm.


 

3 comments :

  1. Handy to be married to a "Handy Man"!!!

    Oh yes, the great "I-got-it-but-don't-know-where-I-put-it" thing!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have only one complaint about your always fabulous
    chatham lane videos.
    they're TOO DANG SHORT!!!!
    XOXO♥
    i hope your throat is only temporary and not a cold coming on.
    even if . . . your trip to be with your sisters was so worth it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. One year I ordered an ornament for each person in our big family to use as a place card, they had to figure out which was them by figuring out which ornament was them. I still haven't found the gorgeous glass turkey ornament I ordered, and stored away with the others, for our son-in-law who was a wild turkey hunter. It would be so nice to have a empty chest or closet dedicated to Christmas and birthday presents.

    I love the video. I do hope we get a pretty snowfall this winter, but only when it's convenient, of course. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.