#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

When it rains it pours

You know how it is. Everything I going along well when....whammy! It started with a light coming on in the dash of my car. Don took it to Auto Zone where they put it on the computer and said it was the alternator. Before Don could get it home it quit on him. Luckily he was in the Arby's parking lot. He had to have it towed to our local garage where they confirmed it. Drats! That's not a good Christmas present. It's one of those pricey parts.




Since I always look on the bright side of things I was glad that I hadn't taken the car to Virginia. How bad would it have been for that to happen somewhere on the road halfway to Virginia?

So I accepted it. Then I was sitting in the sunroom, heard a sound and looked at the living room windows and the whole window treatment including the sheers and valance just fell down off the wall! What the heck? One of the supports had pulled out of the wall. So that is another thing to have to deal with. Wow! What a day!

And it started out so well. We signed the contract with our contractor and he will start the remodeling of the kitchen the first week in January. So exciting! The cabinets are ordered. Now we need to pick out the granite.

So this has been a crazy day...and I didn't even have time to unpack my suitcase.

 

3 comments :

  1. At least you weren't sitting under the window treatment ~ That's a really good thing! I hope it stops raining on your parade! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but I am so glad, you didn't take this car, on your long trip!!!!!!

    Hmmmm, car and window treatment falling off wall. Innnnnnnnteresting day. to say the least. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.