#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The word for the year

 

Each year I try to choose a word for the year instead of making a New Year's resolution. This year the word is TRANSFORM.

Transform...to make a thorough or dramatic change in form, appearance or character

There is a major transformation coming Monday. The contractors are starting the remodel of my kitchen. It has been a dream of mine for many years. The old knotty pine and over sixty year old stove is in need of an update. I have been making decisions since last spring on what I exactly wanted. I belong to the ...I'll know it when I see it school. Since I live in a rural area it's hard to find exactly what I want. And I am fussy...I mean discriminating. But I finally decided on the cupboards. I still need to find the granite I want and that will be a hunt for next week. But it is an exciting time.


Another transformation will be in my health. I need to eat better as a lot of us do. My goal is to fight my food addiction...and by that I mean sweets and carbs...and eat to make me feel better. It's been a goal of mine for many years and I struggle with it.


 


 

5 comments :

  1. Re: Your comment in my blog today.... "Snow is coming your way, I promise. I woke up to a few inches this morning."

    thank you but no. No snow forecast, for 10 days. Don't know, beyond that.

    It gets scary, the longer the period-without-snow goes. Feels like we could be in for a bigggggggg one, when it finally gets here. Eeeek! :-)

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the beginning of the kitchen transformation! ,-)

    Best wishes for the transformation, in your Eating habits.

    We all get into some unhealthy habits, over time. And we all could use a Recharge. Wishing you well with yours. Wishing me well, with mine. (A daily walk, inside or out---- Consistent Juicing.)

    Happy New Year's Eve,
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love the Anais Nin quote.

    I like many of Anais Nin's quotes.

    Happy New Year's Eve,
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful quote from anais nin. many years ago i read every one of her journals. i was so touched by her writing that i tried to contact her . . . only to find . . . she had died just months before my search for her.
    i literally cried as if i'd lost a friend. well. i had actually.
    good luck in your transformations! both kitchens and diet. maybe the new kitchen will be the inspiration you need!
    happy new year dear bean! XO♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peggy!
    What fun it has been to catch up on your recent posts! I've been AWOL because I got sick about two weeks before Christmas. I was forced to take it slowly and give up a lot of expectations of myself. And Christmas was fabulous anyway! What a revelation!

    Your table was gorgeous! As were your beautiful blue and snowflake decorations outside. I see you got your Jack Russell terrier tee. Sadie's Christmas greetings were so cute. I got to spend time with my sister-in-law's labs up in Breckenridge ~ not to mention the whole family.

    I loved the videos of your grandchildren, especially making the snow! We had tons of snow in Breckenridge, and there is plenty here on the high plains. Last night the temperature dropped to about - 16 Fº, but the windchill made it feel colder. I really enjoyed your memories of Christmases past and the jokes and comments on aging.

    The hat box was a priceless idea! Your grandson is a very cute ham!!! My favorite hat is a yellow hardhat that I used to wear out on the oil rigs when I worked in the Oil Patch! Fascinators are not my idea of a good time!

    Good luck with your kitchen transformations! And your personal ones! Eating healthy is so important ~ says I who just scarfed down a pile of peppermint bark and Hershey kisses! I'm focusing on planning and transitioning this year ~ lack of planning seems to be a major problem for me, and I find it very difficult to stop one thing and transition to another! Rather a funny realization for a teacher! LOL! I'm also going to meditate daily. We'll see!

    Thanks for bringing so much quiet joy and encouragement into my life this year, Peggy. And thanks for sharing your beautiful family! Wishing you and Don and loved ones a happy, healthy, and fulfilling year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.