#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, June 18, 2015

A nongardener's mistake

I am not, nor have ever been a good gardener. I plant by what looks good to me and not by the rules that most good gardeners know. I must have missed the class on how to plant nasturtiums. I didn't realize that the leaves got so tall I thought they were low and ran along the ground so when I put them in the new little planting bed under the whirlygig I thought everything would be fine.

BIG MISTAKE,

You can't even see all the other flowers I planted behind them like marigolds, straw flowers, and runnuculus.



I guess my only solution is to dig those up and plant them elsewhere. I did plant some nasturtiums in an urn all by themselves and they seem to be thriving well.


Live and learn life's lessons, I guess.

 

3 comments :

  1. I don't know what height, various flowers grow to either!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your pretty wall of green vines there? I've never grown nasturtiums, we don't have enough sun in our garden for them. They can be eaten, can't they?

    It is amazing how much larger plants can grow than you ever expect them to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL! makes me think of that well worn phrase i've heard all my life ... mostly because i never do ...
    "when in doubt ~ read the directions!" LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.