#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Are you my mother?

Two children story books are acting themselves out right here on.chtatham Lane. We were sitting on our breezeway this morning when a baby gosling walked right up the driveway. We have a pond close by but still couldn't believe that he got lost from his mama. We named him Ponce de Leon..the explorer..and took him back to the pond. After a lot of oohing and aahing and loving. Dr. Dolittle Diane bonded with him right away. He kept following her around like the bird in the story Are You My Mother.

He was just the sweetest thing. But when we arrived at the pond there were no geese in sight. There had been several there in the past weeks. Just the white ducks and the lonely, bossy mallard were sunning themselves. We knew they wouldn't accept the one different goose. It reminded me of the story of the ugly duckling. Now what are we going to do with one little gosling? We can't possibly keep it. I got the name of a man who rescues birds so I'm hoping he will call me back.

Sadie of course can't keep her eyes ..or mouth..off of it so we have to watch it closely.

Hopefully by tonight or tomorrow we can find it a new home. I know it's mama has to be somewhere close by.

 

3 comments :

  1. oh be still my heart! i love little goslings and any baby duck!
    bless you for rescuing it. i hope the man calls you! i know you'll keep us posted. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! Oh h ow I hope the man, who rescues such, calls back!

    Oh it is cute. But oh I would be frantic, to find a safe place for him/her.

    Please tell us, that all is well with the sweet little thing, when you get it sorted out.

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I hope you can find him a home soon. Are You My Mother was one of my favorite books. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.