#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Rain, rain go away

 

Looks like another rainy day. They say it stormed badly around five in the morning but I slept through it. Sadie must have known though because she was under the bed this morning. I haven't had to water the flowers very much this summer since we've had plenty of rain.

I have a stack of books so this is going to be a reading day. I started Jacquelyn Mitchard's Cage of Stars. I like reading large print because it is easier on the eyes. I'm also reading The Last Time I saw Paris on the iPad. It's not much on plot...older woman, younger man...but they are driving through the French countryside and I love the descriptions of where they stay, what they see, and what they eat. Can you say...living vicariously? It does bring back those wonderful memories of when my best friend and I had our Provence adventure.

It's wonderful to relax and just enjoy a summer day. They go all too fast.

 

 

 

1 comment :

  1. We've had a lot of rain here too, Peggy. The high plains are luxuriously green with patches of silvery sage and lots of yellow, white, and blue flowers. Just gorgeous! Terry and I are up in Breckenridge at his sister's for the night ~ first stop on our long journey. It's partially cloudily and lovely and warm here. Noreen is like one of my own sisters, so I really enjoy being here. A reading day sounds wonderful! I was up until 2:30 last night getting enough northern posts done to cover all my traveling. I don't know how you post so frequently and consistently. After today I'm not sure when I'll get another linkup to the internet. So I'm sending you a basket of hugs till next time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.