#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, September 22, 2017

A little fall decorating

I am noticing a trend in decorating this fall. Actually several. One is that the traditional bright orange is giving way to softer colors. As many are decorating their homes with neutrals, beige and cream, the starkness of the pumpkins orange is too stark so they are going for white pumpkins or shades of green or blue. 


Another thing I am noticing is that the decorating is tending to be more subtle not overwhelming this year. A few touches here and there not a pumpkin on every surface. 


And I think I am following the trend too. This year a lot of my decorations in the attic bins didn't make it down. I still put out a lot but in the sunroom I chose to go a little more elegant. 

I added some sunflowers to my silver trophy and a white pumpkin sits on the French styled vase that my sister Diane gave me for my birthday. The little fox I picked up at an antique coop in Virginia. 


A banner adorns the baker's rack above a wicker tray with berries, leaves, and a white pumpkin. The runner below is a needlepoint curtain I found at Snow Creek Farm. 

A small garland was added to the silver pieces on the lower shelf of the baker's rack. 


I love the fall pillow that Linda gave me for my birthday. 


I always like to use the large wooden trough that my sister had at a yard sale. I grabbed it up right away and it is perfect for decorating. 

A pumpkin pillow always says fall. 


Pears and grapes make a nice centerpiece.


This fall themed embroidered fall arrangement was done by the mother of one of my friends. I hope you enjoyed the tour of my fall sunroom. Are you decorating?

3 comments :

  1. I've noticed this trend too and it does seem right, although I'm sure orange will make it's comeback another autumn. And I'll have to have a touch of it myself. And I know my husband cannot resist bringing home orange pumpkins of all sizes for outdoors.

    I love the muted shades of fall colors you've used around your sunroom! And all your different metals and linens mixed in. Darling pillows and the fox is a favorite of mine! Just right there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using white pumpkins for my table scape next weekend. I have noticed less is more in decorating this year. I like the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Peggy! You made me laugh ~ You got the fox out of the coop! So what if it was antique and not chicken! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.