#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

A personal touch

I met my blogging friend Donna on Friday morning in downtown Fredericksburg for a little photo walk. Donna is an expert photographer and just being with her elevated my game. I have admired her “eye” for pictures for quite a while and was delighted that I got to meet her in person last year. I was so happy that she agreed to take me on a walk (as she does every single day) and help me improve my photography.

She was amazing and I learned so much just in that hour that we had. She was very patient with me as she showed me how to adjust the aperture on my camera and how to notice the details all around me. She noticed that I angle my pictures while she tends to shoot head on so we practiced each other’s techniques. She urged me to look at the light and see what stance I needed to take to get the right shot. One thing I found out is that I need to work on focusing my camera better. I need a lot more practice but I’m certainly enthused. Here are a few of my favorite pictures.
IMG_8009IMG_7984IMG_8021

IMG_7978IMG_7964

2 comments :

  1. What a fun time that must have been for you, Peggy! I enjoyed seeing the results of your walk with Donna. I especially like the tile with the soft squirrel juxtaposed with the dirty cigarette. I like the dissonance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, Spending time with you was the highlight of my week! You are a lovely person and your kindness shows through in everything you do. We can learn together and whenever you are in Fredericksburg, you can count on a walk with me! Love your images and so happy I was there with you when you made them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.