#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, April 04, 2020

Bunny time


I need a day off. I need a day without the news, the deaths, the warnings. My anxiety is building up like a pressure cooker and I need to let off some steam. I declare this a day of peace. I don’t want to see the news on tv, thumb through Facebook with all its Covid jokes, or worry about my life.

Today I want to think about Peter Rabbit. It’s hard to believe that Easter wil be next Sunday. But there will be no family dinners and seeing grandchildren. All over America people will spend the holiday in isolation. I am lucky to have my husband with me but I know that there are lonely people who will be all by themselves in a house or apartment. We will all stay in to stay safe from this terrible virus.


This is a day to just turn the tv off or use it to watch an escapism movie.This would be a good time to watch the Amazon Prime series Wonderland one more time. It is the story of couples who share an apartment building in Australia. I loved this series. I need something that will make me smile.

It also would be a good day to take a long walk and blow off some of this tension. Getting out in the fresh air would be good for me. 

I know I will be all right. It’s just one of those days. I think we all have them. How are you coping?



2 comments :

  1. Peggy,
    It has been a difficult time. It's always good to get away from all the news and hype especially during times of uncertainly. Love Peter Rabbit!
    I've been reminiscing back to my early 30s when things were a lot easier. Looking at pictures, read past journal entires. Hang in there. All of this will pass.

    ~christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy, I stop by to read and visit often, and I always love this beautiful space. We are just the same as you, staying home, staying put and being at least a little productive each day. I love the glimpses of your home, and I'll look up the show you mentioned, Wonderland, too! Sending hugs and love. Be safe, Be well, Be happy. Oh, I got those words from an app I've been using for short meditations each day - Smiling Mind. You might like it, too (it's totally free!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.