#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Does this all seem weird to you too?


This world is very strange. All you have to do is step out of your house to see that there isn’t any “normal” any more. I had a doctor’s appointment next Thursday for a checkup and decided that the doctor’s office wouldn’t be a good place for me right now so I gave them a call. They told me that they could do the appointment over the phone which made me happy. But I did need to go for bloodwork. So this morning I went up to the hospital to have a blood draw. As soon as I walked in the door I was stopped by a woman checking temperatures and asking me if I had any symptoms. Since my temperature was 93.6 she made me wait until it went up a little to 95 then she let me proceed. After doing the paperwork in the lab I was directed to sit on the asymptomatic side of the waiting room. What I have noticed that there is an silence everywhere. Even the girl who drew the blood wasn’t that friendly as they usually were. 
  Then I made my weekly trip to Walmart where our governor Wolf has made wearing a mask mandatory for everyone who enters a store and all the workers. Even in Walmart the atmosphere was subdued. I didn’t hear any laughter or even conversation. Everyone was obeying the Walmart rules of going only up and down the marker aisles. There were still empty spaces on the shelves but I did notice the toilet paper aisle was getting stocked. I picked up the things on my list and some paint samples and got out quickly. 
    I am staying right at home and not leaving hardly at all. Last night was my oldest son’s fiftieth birthday and we had planned a big celebration at his house before all the Corona hit. So last night I organized a large Zoom meeting on the computer with his family and friends and we all got to wish him a happy birthday.
     I am happy to obey the requests to stay at home and stay safe but the truth is I’m worried that I may not be able to leave the house for a long time. The push seems to be to get people back to work but as long as this virus is prevalent and there is no vaccine I fear that it will continue to spread, especially with people not social distancing. I don’t trust that people realize the seriousness of this. 
      Please take care my friends.
     

1 comment :

  1. I'm worried about that too. My doctor is requiring a video visit with me next week before she'll okay prescription refills. She hasn't mentioned lab visit. Don't think I'll agree to a hospital visit for lab work yet.

    Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.