#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

A poem that spoke to my heart

I was reading the fall issue of Oprah magazine and one of my favorite columns is What I Know For Sure. In it was a poem by Harmon Rashid that sums up what I’ve been feeling. 

We fell asleep in one world and woke up I another.

Suddenly Disney is out of magic Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress and Mecca is empty. 

Hugs and kisses suddenly become weapons, and not visiting parents and friends becomes an act of love.  

Suddenly you realize that power, beauty and money are worthless, and can’t get you the oxygen you’re fighting for.

The world containers its life and it is beautiful. It only puts humans in cages. I think it’s sending us a message:
“You are not necessary.  The air, earth, water, and sky without you are fine.  When you come back, remember that you are my guests.  Not my masters.”



We got a time out. We required a reset so we could see without obstruction what is essential. We need to heal our planet. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.