#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, September 18, 2020

Fall weather

I know there are lots of places still having hot summer weather but in north western Pennsylvania the nights are nippy. It’s getting hard to  motivate myself to get out of bed in the morning when those blankets feel so warm. But I get up and go for a walk every day with my friend Sandy. One morning it was down to forty two. But we only walk a twenty minute mile so it wasn’t so bad. 

I’m trying to get a little bike riding in this fall before I have to put it away for the winter. Today I rode all alone for the first time on the University trail. The joy of riding outweighs the intimidation I feel riding an electric bike. I love to have the freedom to ride without the struggles of heavy pedaling. There were just a few people walking today on the trail today. 

Last night we went to my in-laws for a soup supper. Charlotte had made my very favorite soup....unstuffed pepper soup. The cheddar bay biscuits were a great accompaniment and Don’s strawberry pie was a big hit. Afterwards we played Five Crowns. It is good to enjoy some company after so many months of confinement. 




1 comment :

  1. Kudos to you for undertaking a daily walk, Peggy! That is so beneficial! And biking ~ you're braver than I am. It's been hot, dry, and smokey here, but finally the air is cooling and the smoke is thinning. We've had our first multiple inch snowfall here between two +90º F spells. Weather whiplash for sure. Your family dinner sounded delicious. We ventured out for dinner last night for the third Sunday in a row. We finally had had enough of almost six months of isolation. We'll likely continue to go as long as we can sit outside at well-spaced tables. All the best to you and Don!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.