#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Football is back!



I was really doubtful that football games would be played this year. WTH the virus raging I wondered how they would manage but tonight was the first game of the season. And it’s one of my favorite teams...the Chiefs. With all the changes Covid has made in my life I am happy to have a night of fall normal. 

I had a wonderful birthday weekend. Chris and Wendy came up for a visit. They had asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I told them that I wanted to go on a picnic. So Saturday we went over to Allegany State Park. WE made it a simple picnic by stopping by Tasta Pizza and getting a few subs. I took drinks and chips and we had a simple picnic. It was a very cool day so we had to wear sweatshirts. The park wasn’t very crowded. I had asked Chris to bring their bikes and I put mine in the the back of the van. So we went for a ride. Then Chris decided we should ride around the lake. Now you must remember that I have only been riding on my new electric bike for a few weeks and maybe had only ridden eight times. Chris led and Wendy rode behind me. Chris rode very fast. I had no trouble keeping up with him just using the power button on my bike. But I was not experienced in riding that fast. Almost twenty miles an hour. I had to concentrate in order not to have an accident. We wizzed over the bike paths and in no time at all we were back in the picnic area. I will not be riding that fast again. I do love my new bike. I have been taking it down on the University trail and riding with my friend. 

On Sunday I had a cook out at my house with my in-laws. It was the first time all year that I have had company at the house.  There has been no one here except Chris and Wendy and occasionally some of Don’s friends. With Don’s health concerns I was afraid to have anyone here. It was a beautiful perfect day and we ate outside then sat and talked all day. It was so good to have people here. just like a Norma day. 

When we do some normal things it seems strange. We have been so very careful just staying home. I wonder how much longer this virus is going to continue. 

Tomorrow I am having my coffee friend up to the house to play marbles. I’m making individual trifles so today I made and angel food cake. I’ve also put a few outdoor things away now. I took down the curtains on the breezeway and took some metal decorations down to the basement. I am transitioning to the fall season now. I always love getting out the fall decorations from the basement. I am wondering this year if I really want to put so much out. Maybe I will try to keep it simpler But when I open the bins and see all the pretties it is like Christmas. 

Are you getting anxious for fall?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.