#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Playing dress up

While so much remains precarious, our style is something small we have control over. ‘It’s an empowering way to put ourselves in a better mind set.'” —Fiorella Valdesolo for The Wall Street Journal,September 5, 2020


All dressed up and no where to go.  That’s how I’ve been feeling for about six months. I’ve always loved to dress up. Nothing pleases me better than putting together a cute outfit. When I was teaching I was the matchy-matchy queen. My scarf matched my earrings, my earrings matched my necklace, and on and on. That was the style then. Now of course it is not that way and a lot of my costume jewelry never sees the light of day. It seems that dressing down is more popular than ever and if you arrive dressed up a little you are the one out of place. 

As I put my summer clothes away I noticed that there were a lot of blouses that were too dressy for everyday wear and I didn’t even wear them once during the summer. With the world at a standstill for the last six months there just wasn’t a need. But every morning where my coffee group started meeting again I try to wear something that will make me happy. Some days I put on a scarf or a necklace but I still long for the days of brooches. 

Fall is my favorite season and I loved getting out my sweaters and vests. There are scarves to be worn too.


1 comment :

  1. It is true that great minds think alike! You are going to have to forgive me for a post I have planned in a few days because it's already written and the theme is similar. I think it happened because I was moving summer clothes to the back of my closet and bringing fall clothes forward. And realized that I had not worn hardly any of the summer things. There's nowhere to go for me, someone with risk factors. I know I should dress up just for being at home but I rarely do that. I was hoping there would be a picture of you in this post because you always look so darn pretty in pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.