#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, September 03, 2020

Another book down

I have been so happy since our library opened up again. You have to make an appointment to go in and pick out a book or you can call and they will reserve your book choice for you. As you might know I like a stack of books to choose from and once I start one I can’t put it down until it’s finished. 

My latest read is We were Liars by e. Lockhart. I have seen this on the best sellers list for a while. It is a Young Adult book but don’t let that stop you from a good read. There is a secret happening just below the surface and you spend the whole book trying to guess what has happened. The ending is really a surprise. 

We Were Liars focuses on the theme of self-acceptance, family morals, and the possibly-deadly consequences of one's mistakes. It is centered on the wealthy, seemingly perfect Sinclair family, who spend every summer gathered on their private island. However, not every summer is the same—when something happens to Cadence during the summer of her fifteenth year, the four "Liars" (Cadence, Johnny, Gat and Mirren) re-emerge two years later to prompt Cadence to remember the incident.

On another note I finally rode my bike again today. I got an electric bike a few weeks ago. But my handlebars slipped while I was starting out one day and I fell on my knee. It wasn’t hurt too bad but it was scraped and bruised. It took Don a while to try to fix the bars. We took the part to Chris (my development and design engineer) who declared that the part was not designed well. He took the same part off one of his old bicycles and it worked perfectly. So today was the first time I took it out. I managed to get it in the back of my Pacifica van and take it to the University trail. I met my friend Sandy and we rode the whole trail which is mostly on the flat. Now I am waiting for a basket and fenders that I ordered. I love the electric bike which gives you a boost of power to help you up the hills. 






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.