#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy 90th Birthday

When I was growing up we had a neighbor that I considered my second mom.  Maryne and my mom were best of friends. They shopped together (gathering books of green stamps), sent us off to school and then cleaned their houses and then sat and had coffee every day.  We had an ideal childhood and Maryne was a big part of it.  I remember that she was so positive and always happy and laughing. I never remember her ever being cross.
  Today we drove down to Shippenville (about an hour and a half south) to help her celebrate her 90th birthday. maryne's party 6.7 031maryne's party 6.7 030

Her daughter Jill showed us the album that all the neighbors made for Maryne and her husband Ray when they moved away. It was a walk down memory lane for my sister and I.

I actually remember drawing these daisies so my mom could cut out all the neighbor’s pictures and put on the page.  That’s me in the center with the sunglasses. maryne's party 6.7 043

Here’s a picture of our family. maryne's party 6.7 038

This is Jill, Maryne’s daughtermaryne's party 6.7 044.
Maryne’s son Jack is the white bearded guy in the blue.
maryne's party 6.7 048
And here is Linda and I with Maryne.


maryne's party 6.7 055
We had a wonderful time. Now Linda is off to visit her California friend who is at her mother’s home in nearby Butler. I had such a fabulous week with her that I hate to see it end. What a fantastic week!


2 comments :

  1. I love your hat and French fisherman's stripe top! You are so darn cute!!!

    I think you should adopt this, as your 'signature look', because you do look so cute, in it.

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tessa. I love my hats.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.