#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dreaming

image

Warm weather leads to thoughts of gardening. I am so inspired by seeing the flower gardens in the England part of Epcot. Even though France is my favorite country the combination of flowers in an English garden stir my heart. My grandfather was English so it must be in my blood.



I waver between wanting a formal garden with boxwoods and sculptures to a wild flower garden laden with pinks and blues.

image  image



Though I don’t live in a big stone house covered with ivy..

image

Or an English cottage..

image 

I did try to add some of the English elements to my decor last year. The two boxwoods at each side of the lion fountain gave my courtyard that aspect of formality that I was looking for. 
Speed Star 1.1488349  00 


And when I made my plant selection in the spring I tried to include those that I felt lent the right attitude to my containers. outdoors 6.11 030
I like using statuary and wire in my garden to formalize the look. wilflowers 7.11 012summer tablescape 7.11 010

planting for summer 008




And the French lamp post that was a new addition to the pond area last year really sings of the the Champs Elysees.
summer tablescape 7.11 007
And what English garden wouldn’t be complete without lavender? outdoors 7.11 003

My favorite of all the flowers is heliotrope. outdoors 7.11 005
A little portager near the kitchen provides herbs for cooking. herb garden june09 004





As you can see I’m dreaming of gardening and looking forward to warm evenings on the courtyard.  

Speed Star 1.1438402  00


1 comment :

  1. Linda Platko Green7:19 PM

    Ahhhhhhhhhhh, what a glorious way to show your love of flowers:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.