#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Five Things

Five things I was doing this week when I wasn’t blogging:

1. Aerobics. I have joined a cardio class at the YMCA and exercise on Monday and Wednesday mornings. Now I have never been one who sweats or gets that “high” that I’ve heard about but I do know that I have to keep my body in motion or it’s going to seize up like an old engine that hasn’t been run in a while. There are times when I watch the clock and can’t wait for the hour to be over and other times I imagine myself with a headband and cute leotards singing “I want to get physical”.

2. Rummage Sale digging. There have been two church rummage sales in the last week. Even though I swear that I don’t need a thing it’s still fun to dig around in those piles and find a hidden treasure. Today  it was a cute little poppy pin.
poppy pin 4.12 003



3. Reading.  I like to find time to read sometime during the day. Currently I’m reading a new Alex Delaware novel by Jonathan Kellerman I also caught up on my magazines. I had received a new Oprah and Southern Lady. I feel I qualify as a southern lady since I was born in Georgia.
Southern Lady

4. Organizing. Don’t think I’m crazy but I’m always looking for solutions to make things a work better for me. Recently I found something at Walmart that has made my life a little easier. You  know how it is hard to find things in a small refrigerator? We are limited in space in our kitchen so our fridge has to be small. Every time I need something from the back I have to pull out four things to get to it. But now look what I’ve found.
friege 4.12 001

Trays. They are made out of soft plastic and just fit the depth of my refrigerator. friege 4.12 002 Now when I want something all I have to do is pull out the tray and I have access to the very back. And as a bonus feature the glass shelf of the fridge won’t get dirty.


5. Letting go.  I am making an all out effort to downsize my house by letting go of some thing that I have had for awhile and don’t really need anymore. Even though sometimes this is hard for me I know that the reward of having less will be worth it. This “bean” pot I have had for a long time. I used it as a decorative item for many years, especially when my house was decorated with a country theme. But as I move it yearly from place to place it dawned on me that I had outgrown it. The cute hand painted little box was a gift from my mother. It’s sentimental so I’ve kept it, but now I think I can finally let it go too.
friege 4.12 003

1 comment :

  1. I did try an aerobics class once but I am so uncoordinated, going left when everyone else went right etc, I prefer walking although I also enjoyed using the machines at the gym I used to go to.

    Reading is something of a luxury time wise - I have to read in bed every night (and often wake up with a book in my face), but I never seem to get time to read the magazines I buy (still got a backlog on the coffee table!).

    My fridge drives me mad - it is TINY, I desperately need some of those trays.

    And by the way I love that brooch! Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I will definitely try and get over to yours (and comment) :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.