#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, April 01, 2012

They don’t stay little long

stay little long

I’m always amazed at how fast my two little grandchildren grow and change between my visits with them. Sara is already one and a half and Sean just turned four. Since they live in Tennessee I only get to see them a few times a year but I treasure those times. My other two grandsons are all grown up. Dan is twenty one now and a junior at Penn State. Scott just turned seventeen. Doesn’t it seem that time passes in the blink of an eye? We have a lot of good memories behind us. I can’t even look through my old photo albums without shedding a tear or two. It feels like just yesterday that my children were this small.
     Here are some quotes about aging:

Do not resent growing old.  Many are denied the privilege.

I’m not denying my age, I’m embellishing my youth.
The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been..Madeleine L’Engle.

The older you get, the more you tell it like it used to be.
At twenty we worry about what others think of us; at forty we don’t care about what others think of us; at sixty we discover they haven’t been thinking about us at all.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.