#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, April 27, 2012

Signs of spring

Speed Star 1.1457389  00

As I travel across blogland it becomes ever more evident that Spring comes early to some and to others like us folks in Bradford it arrives much later. For instance, we had snow flakes coming down this morning. I know, it’s almost the end of April and it’s hard for you southern people to believe that it can be that cold. It is only 34 degrees out right now and I don’t know how but the tulips, and hyacinths have survived. While other places are planting their summer flowers we must wait until our last frost..which is usually after Memorial Day. And our first frost in the fall is around Labor Day. So you can see we have a short summer and a short growing season. But that doesn’t mean we squeeze every bit of summer in we can. Maybe we appreciate it more than others.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.