#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, April 21, 2012

A LITTLE NOSTALGIA

image
How many of you out there recognize these? When I was a teenager going to the drive in was so  much fun and a typical date. You pulled into the drive in theater before dark, adjusted your car on the little mound for the best view, and paid a visit to the snack bar for your popcorn and pop. I remember Don and I seeing the romantic movie “A Summer Place” with Troy Dohahue (a teenage heartthrob). After we were married and had kids we took them to the drive in to see “Star Wars” (the original and first). Just as the first scene came on..you remember the one with the battle in full force and Princess Leia running to C3PO..anyway, it started to rain and thunder and lightening. We just put on the windshield wipers and continued to watch. The rain made us seem like we were in the middle of the movie ourselves.
   My first drive in that I remember was when I was a child and my parents took me to see “Singing in the Rain”. I remember there was a playground down in front of the screen. Boy just seeing those speakers sure does bring back a lot of memories. What do you remember about a drive in?

1 comment :

  1. Linda Platko Green1:53 AM

    It was so neat to see those speakers and remember the days of Drive Inn movies. I was 9 years old and we just moved to San Antonio, Texas from Bradford. It was my first drive in movie experience and the first movie we saw was.....The Mummy!! To this day, I still love horror movies:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.