#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cookie making still going on

Did you hear me say that I wasn't going to make cookies this year?  Well, I just couldn't help myself. Ryan wanted his favorites...buckeyes and peanut butter blossoms. But I cheated just a little. I bought the peanut butter cookie pouches. A lot less mess and they turned out just great. I'll make the buckeyes later. 
   Today I made cranberry pecan bread, molten lava cookies and chocolate chunk with m and m's. I also made date Krispie balls   Here is the recipe in case you'd like to try them. 


RICE KRISPIE DATE BALLS 
1 stick butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 (8 oz.) chopped dates (with sugar)
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 c. Rice Krispies cereal
1 tsp. vanilla

In saucepan, melt butter and sugar over low heat. Add dates and cook 3 minutes and remove from heat. Add nuts, Rice Krispies and vanilla. When cool enough to handle, form small balls and roll in powdered sugar or coconut.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.