#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Who-Hoo, it’s an early Christmas!

canon trial 025

canon trial 012



Santa came early at my house. I love photography and I’ve been using a point and shoot for many years. I started with a simple Polaroid then graduated to a pretty nifty Fuji with some nice bells and whistles. But when I looked at the pictures on other blogs I could see the advantage of having a DSLR. I had to wait till I was ready for the big step. Would it be too complicated for me? Would it be too heavy? Would I really use it? How much learning would be involved? Both my grandsons and my daughter-in-law had a Canon Rebel and so I ordered one. I was so excited when the box came. Could I really take my photos to the next level? I have a lot of learning to do but I wanted to compare. The top photo is with the Canon, the next my Fuji. Note the crisp detail in the first and the blurred background. The second set has the Canon on top and Fuji on the bottom. In these pictures I can see some subtle differences. I know as I get better at it there will be more.  I still need to up the shutter speed and hold the camera steadier but I can see the Canon takes amazing pictures. I am really looking forward to really giving it a workout over Christmas.
  Any of you out there who use Canon Rebels?  

1 comment :

  1. Peggy, that photo is beautiful! Congratulations on the Rebel! That is what R.H. bought when we began blogging a year ago and he loves it, is still learning but much improved. He tries to teach me and sometimes I get a good shot but I have to use a tripod and a remote switch. He actually uses that more and more now too.

    As interested as you are in photo edition, etc., you deserve a good camera. You will love it! Do you have any lenses yet besides the kit lens?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.