#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, October 06, 2014

Ducks are a quackin’, leaves are a fallin’

boiling springs 2014 006


This weekend we took a little trip to southern Pennsylvania to visit Chris. His little community is so scenic and we always like to walk around the lake. My sister Linda drove up from Virginia and she walked Sadie while I took some pictures. boiling springs 2014 014
The geese and ducks are always photogenic and their loud quacking can be heard all around the lake.
boiling springs 2014 017

These iron benches dot the lake. While we were there we saw a couple with a photographer getting some shots. And the wedding setup that I mentioned in the last post.  Here is the table with the duck and bird foodboiling springs 2014 011
Linda posed for me also.

boiling springs 2014 022

boiling springs 2014 026

We had a super weekend. On Saturday we went to see Gone Girl.  I had read the book but didn’t remember all the details.  Great flic…and Ben Affleck isn’t hard to watch at all. (wink, wink)
On Saturday night we all went out to dinner at a local eatery. My prime rib sandwich fell off the plate. Then on Sunday we ate the lasagna that I had made. Have you noticed that we always eat well when we are together?
   In between we did a little shopping at our favorite stores. I bought a wood wicked candle using my Kohl’s gift card that Don had given me for my birthday. I love the crackle that the candle makes.
   We drove back to Bradford Sunday because today I had a procedure on my eye.  It’s called an after cataract laser treatment.  My eye is still blurry from the drops but vision should improve in a few hours. 
  What a great time with family! 
boiling springs 2014 009

2 comments :

  1. Your sister is dressing in a very Autumnal way! Love those jeans. Perfect fit. Lucky her, to find such.

    What pray tell, is a wood wicked candle???? It sounds delightful. And we have a Kohl's out near the mall. :-))))

    I read "Gone Girl" too! Back when "everyone" was reading it. ,-) And I can't remember the details either. I knew one of my sons had read it, and he was over, to watch the ND football game with his father, on Sat. I asked him to refresh my memory. :-) It helps that we often read the same books. Not all the time, but sometimes.

    Don't know if I'm going to see the film though...... It seems I just never, never get to the nice new theater, right here in town. -sigh- When I was waiting for it, so anxiously.

    You have a delightful Halloween blog look!!!!! I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it!!!! Yes I do. It's purrrrrfect! Very Halloweeeeeeny! But not overpowering. Love it.

    It's been so long since I have had a Background. And I used to have one, all the time. Funny... But I have gotten to like the plain white look. Who knows though, as Halloween gets closer. .-)

    Happy October,
    Tessa~
    "Here there be musing" blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:09 AM

    Peggy,
    Please tell Linda that I love, love, love the jacket. It's a perfect color on her. Is it from our favorite shopping place??????
    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.