#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Purging

No, this is not a post about housecleaning (although it could be). This is about my guilt. I love to take pictures either with my ipad or my DSLR. I have thousands of pictures. …….on my computer! But do I have them in frames?  Oh, no.  Just on my computer.
   I don’t know what is stopping me from printing them out for framing or making a photo book. But something has.

It isn’t that I don’t know how. I’ve made photo books before. And I love them. But somehow all these photos sit on my computer.

I needed help.  And just in time I got it in the form of a class. I’d like to introduce you to Beryl Ayn Young and her website….berylaynyoung.com

Beryl is a photographer and a mom and is dedicated to teaching others how to use photography to document our lives. She offers courses to help you do just that but she also offers free classes to get you started.  She is a great teacher for all levels and has a wide variety of classes.

The course that I’m currently taking is called Embrace Your Phone.  Now I don’t have a smart phone but I do have an ipad which I use to take pictures. I am on day two of the class.  Day one involved getting the pictures off your phone, or ipad, and getting them on your computer.  Day two is all about purging.  That is, getting rid of all those excess photos.  You know the ones…those blurry shots, those duplicates, those our of focus, those that you thought you should keep but don’t really like. 

  I am going through my photos and doing just that. You’d be surprised how many you can let go and still have plenty to remember your days by. In the next few days she is going to teach us how to print them out.  I’m looking forward to that part. Then I will need to make space in my house for framed pictures. I have many frame worthy pictures that it will be hard to choose among them.
  It was fun looking back at my old photos. It really brings back memories of trips and family fun.

summer 2014 peonies 023


2 comments :

  1. well... the one you chose to show us here is magnificent! the very essence of freshness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful you would feel to organize and complie all thos fabulous photos....I can see you starting on this when our weather gets frightfully cold and white :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.