#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Take time to smell the roses

We will always be busy. There were always be things we must see to and chores that need taking care of. That's life. However, we must work to live, not live to work. We must pay attention to our bodies and emotional states, too.

~J.V.Manning

Do you read self help books? That was one of my favorite genres for a while a long time ago. I was always looking to improve my life, my relationships, my attitude. I took in all the advice, collected quotes and put them on the refrigerator. Gradually I felt completed and as I grew older my personality got into a happy and contented groove that I was pleased with. Complacent maybe.

But where was the passion? My strong desires faded. Dreams disappeared. I became timid to pursue for fear of failure. Life was still full. But my days were filled with mundane things. More and more I found myself not taking time for the things I loved.....traveling,photography, art, music. Those give me my bliss.

I found a very philosophical website this morning called Random Thoughts and Lotsa Coffee. The quote at the beginning of the post is by her. It gives you something to think about and she has wonderful quotes. Maybe you'd enjoy a visit.

 

 

 

4 comments :

  1. Oh yes, I have been one, to read lots of different "How To Change" type books. I still have some of them, on my shelves.

    It's certainly wise to learn how to pay attention to ordinary joys. Especially in this "the world is going to hell in a hand-basket and we are all in it" time. Yish....

    Tessa~
    "Here there be musing" blog
    "Here there be more words" blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. i went through years of 'self help' style books. i think i've read everything dr. wayne dyer has written!
    my reading is very eclectic. i read less of those books now. i'm fairly content with how i view my life.
    much changed as i learned to live with less money and worse health! even that has been a bit of an adventure.
    i like to think i'm less 'complacent' but instead... 'content.' LOLOL. a matter of semantics i'm sure. LOL.
    thank you for the new link. i'll definitely check it out. i love quotes and phrases that make you aware of life itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't resist the lure of a self-help book, Peggy. I'm still busy, busy ~ but it's with things I want and chose to do. So far, I can't get beyond writing and photography because they are so gratifying for me. The roses are gorgeous, btw! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quotes! I usually have a self-help book within easy access on my Kindle. I find if I open a book I usually find something I need to hear that day, something that puts life back into perspective. Beautiful roses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.