#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fog

fog one jpeg

Have you ever been “in a fog” or in a fog? All of us have days when the old brain cells just seemed to be taking the day off.  We just can’t seem to think clearly for one reason or another. This happens when stress takes over our bodies or when we are so sick our brains are trying to make us well and don’t have time to rationalize. Sometimes we just need to take a day off from thinking.  I experienced this once when I was trying to type an email while I was very sick. I thought I was doing well until I reread it and found out that not only did the sentences not make sense but some words were mistyped.
    But another feeling is driving in the fog. It’s a little bit scary when fog is so thick that all you can see around you is a little bit of the road ahead. Driving blind like that is dangerous and you are in hyper alert mode. You anticipate that the next few seconds may show something in front of you. I’ve had experiences when I could barely find the road. You slow down to a crawl but worry about someone behind you who is coming through the fog and may not even see you there. All you can do is keep going and get to a lower elevation where the air is clearer. This happened to me a week ago when I made a trip to a nearby town.  There are two ways to travel to Olean, one on the interstate and the other, a shorter way, over the hill. I didn’t know that by the time I got on top that there would be dense fog that morning. I kept creeping along till finally I arrived at the other side and down the hill where I could once again see.  I did not take that route home.

fog two jpeg

3 comments :

  1. it can be scary driving in the fog. i'm glad you arrived back home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I'm glad that you made it home safely. Driving in fog is scary. But if I don't have to drive in the fog, I love FOG. It's so mysterious! And fog has haunted my family for generations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fog is both beautiful and dangerous. Beautiful to see. Dangerous to drive in.

    But oh how I love photos, which show fog.

    And I love another name for it... Mist. "The mist is on the moors..." Mmmmm, what a delicious saying. :-)

    Tessa~
    "Here there be musing" blog
    "Here there be more words" blog
    "Here there be whimsey" blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.