#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, February 16, 2015

Life is not perfect...or the story of the rolls

It's cold and we were out of bread. Not wanting to go out of the house I decided to make homemade bread. I found a great recipe in aa cookbook called A Gathering of Friends. Rustic Rosemary Bread.

I checked and I had all the necessary ingredients. Even the yeast was current. So I proceeded to follow the recipe meanwhile patting myself on the back for actually baing something from scratch.

The dough seemed very dry and I had a hard time getting it to a ball so I could knead it. I added just a little water and Finally I formed it in a ball and went to work kneading it the desired six minutes. It still looed a little dry but I divided it into six parts and brushed it with olive oil to rise.
 

But here is where the disaster happened. They did not rise. Now I don't have an oven with a pilot light anymore so I sat them on top of the stove and heated up the oven. Leaving the oven door cracked a bit I thought that would be enough heat to rise the dough. AFter thirty minutes they still wern't risen. I gave them another thirty and then realized that something was horribly wrong. They were not going to rise. So I gave up and baked them anyway first brushing them with egg and dusting them with salt, pepper and rosemary.

What should have been delicious bread ended up being hockey pucks. Epic fail.

Ok, I'm not laughing now but it does make a rather humorous story. I'm always wanting bloggers to put on their failures...so here you are. Next time I'll use frozen bread dough...LOL!

 

2 comments :

  1. "truth in blogging"!!! -giggles- I love it!!!

    like my garbage can, in my "pretty" kitchen picture. ,-)

    shows we are REAL....!!!!!!!

    now, how about full truth???? did you throw those damn hockey pucks across the room??????

    oh now, not in your new kitchen! but how about, out the back door?????

    fess up! or fabricate. it would make a great follow up post.

    hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh Peggy!! Sooo sorry!! I know you were really looking forward to this homemade bread!! Any of the hockey groups put in a bid for the hockey bread?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.